Engineer a Supercharging Future for Yourself
Find your fit and supercharge progress with our exciting career opportunities
HVAC Test Technician
- Associate or diploma degree.
- 2 year degree, HVAC license, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-4 Years suggested minimum experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and skills in such areas as reading wiring diagrams, modifying unit wiring and controls, instrumentation, electromechanical troubleshooting, and modification of prototypes.
- Ability to analyze data and make decisions based on analysis.
- Ability to lift equipment, compressors, units, motors, sheet metal parts etc.
Roles And Responsibilities
The HVAC Test Technician will work on the Engineering Lab team that is part of the Unitary Products Group (UPG). In this division we design, test, manufacture and assemble heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment for the light commercial and residential markets. This is an opportunity to work in our brand new, state-of-the-art laboratory!
- Prepare and install test units in the test facility in order to simulate field installation conditions.
- This includes but is not limited to duct connection, electrical and gas connections, data acquisition instrument installation, etc.
- Run safety and certification tests per Engineering instruction and test standard requirements.
- Analyze test data and make modifications and adaptations to the test unit based upon analysis of the data.
- Utilize computer software programs as required to run the test station, conduct testing, and collect test data.
- Follow established safety procedures and maintain a clean work area.