Streamlining IT Infrastructure to formulate growth and expansion
HCLTech grappled with complex legacy financial systems that could not offer a holistic business view. The technology worked but aligning it with the company's business objectives in any meaningful way was challenging.
The tech giant needed a new way to keep pace with technology innovations and, at the same time, align these to the business strategy. A cloud-centric digital transformation could help its business units work in sync and be quicker and more approachable moving forward.
An agile and resilient cloud transformation
HCLTech knew that creating an agile and resilient cloud-based infrastructure would be critical to steer the business challenges of running an innovative and fast-moving multinational business. Embracing the cloud with a commitment to continuous modernization and innovation was vital for HCLTech to thrive in the digital era.
The cloud transformation was critical for supporting future mergers and acquisition (M&A) onboarding, enabling acquisitions to be easier to manage. HCLTech wanted to be ahead of the timeline and prioritized business-critical applications like SAP on their digital transformation roadmap.
- RISE with SAP is a comprehensive cloud ERP solution, including analytics and business process intelligence. HCLTech considered RISE with SAP the most effective “business-transformation-as-a-service” (BTaaS) solution that could be delivered with HCLTech CloudSMART for SAP strategy.
- RISE with SAP presented the chance to create a future-proof clean foundation to build a scalable and robust platform with single data models, embedded analytics, easily accessible data insights and a no- or low-code citizen development capability.
- The idea was to reduce customization that often leads to a long tail of rigidity and create an environment that encourages fast and agile development at the edge.
Business leaders saw a chance to build a truly business-aligned IT landscape that could
- Accelerate and streamline the accounting process
- Integrate payments with banks and financial institutions using a multibank digital channel
- Consolidate master data across the entire enterprise landscape
- Improve tax compliance and streamline remediation
- Simplify and centralize billing systems
- Build a global payroll process with embedded localization
Connecting HCLTech's CloudSMART for SAP strategy, HCLTech deployed RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, a comprehensive business transformation as a service (BTaaS) that includes crucial products and services to support more incredible speed, agility, integration and extensibility. HCLTech also implemented SAP Customer Experience solutions, SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP), SAP Ariba solutions, SAP SuccessFactors solutions and SAP Fiori apps to keep pace with technology innovation and offer a smoother digital transformation experience.
An agile digital footprint that strengthens competitive advantage
RISE with SAP helped HCLTech to create a fully integrated IT landscape. New efficiencies in business processes include:
- Reduction of five days from Day Sales Outstanding (DSO)
- 60% touchless invoicing, enabling 90% of invoice submissions in less than five days
- Up to 25% reduction in the number of days after the period end, leading to closings three to five days faster
The tech giant concurs that a successful business transformation is never simply a “lift and shift” to the cloud focused on total cost of ownership (TCO) reduction. Instead, businesses must embrace a reference architecture that is truly fit for purpose, addresses unique business goals, focuses on reducing the total cost of innovation and drives the company to operate at scale as an intelligent enterprise. That's where an impactful ROI will ultimately be found.
"RISE with SAP is showing strong adoption momentum. By bringing in their invaluable implementation experience, expertise and solutions, global partners such as HCLTech further accelerate this trajectory,"
Christian Klein, CEO, SAP