- Industry Left Col
- Industry Right Col
Payment industry is currently undergoing a tremendous change. Forces of regulatory changes and customer expectation are driving innovations and efficiency and requires Financial Institutions to upgrade and transform their business capabilities, build new business and operating models. HCL provides services with its unique offerings which will help Financial Institutions and third-party providers to realize their vision to transform their payments business.
HCL PaCS (Payment & Card Solutions) is an innovative NextGen Payments & cards set of offerings that enables Financial Institutions drive transformation into their payment processes creating modern ways of executing payments for everyone, from anywhere. With extensive domain expertise and proven experience of working with some of the F500 FS Institutions worldwide, HCL’s PaCS is a complete package of payment monitoring, cloud enablement, transaction services and ISO 20022 compliance, and supports solutions for advanced fraud and risk management.
Payment Industry Trends
- Payment will be #1 growth driver in Cash Management
- Global Transaction Banking generates $1trillion/year and is 40% of global banking revenue
New Business Models
- New models like Cross-border instant payments
- Ability to innovate and create business value in by overlay services on the RTP rails
- Subscription Economy will increase
- ISO 20022 market adoption is allowing banks to consider modernizations initiatives
- Real time Payments support initiatives picking up in the North America & Canada region
- Data Intelligence & Analytics will drive the Operational Efficiency
- Process Automation using AI/ML and Deep Digital adoption will help Banks achieve 15-20BN cost reduction
- Attacking high fixed cost base post COVID is key to building business resilience.
- Re-engineer the infrastructure and control functions to drive down costs
- Digital Wallets will see expansion. Contactless NFC, QR codes Payment acceptance will grow.
- Investing in cloud computing and other digital technologies to more rapidly address evolving customer preferences and mitigate risk and regulatory obligations
- More “Networked” Payments environment as a result of interoperability & RTP. Embedded payments represent the next wave of technology. Blending payments functionality with the software that a business uses to facilitate a user journey from purchase intent to after-sales service.
POV & Offering
Solution Building Blocks
Intelligent Analytics & Payment reporting framework
AI/ML Payment process accelerators
Customer Ux design framework
Open Banking/ Payment API Fabric
Digital Identity & Entitlements accelerators
AML/ Fraud & Trade Surveillance tool
Virtual Digital Assistants
Payment Sandbox environment
Process Assessment tool
Payment Blockchain environment
How HCL is helping Banks to leapfrog competition
CFT- Payment Transactions Processing
HCL developed ISO 20022 based application for the European mass payments, covering SEPA CT, SEPA DD-Core and SEPA DD-B2B. SWIFT based Multi-currency Payment and BIC based Analytical & Routing are some of the key features
Regulatory Compliance Cost Effective Low Investment solution for SEPA
- HCL’s offers standardized and complete processing of all Payment transactions including domestic & cross border, mass & high value payments, SWIFT based Multi-currency payments.
- Our payment processing also includes formatting, validating, routing, accounting and charging.
- HCL’s ISO20022 based application for European mass payments covers SEPA CT, SEPA DD-core, SEPA DD-B2B and SEPA Direct Debit (SDD) mandate management.
- Our offering extends to BIC based Analytical & Routing, Interfaces to bank’s core accounting systems & various payment gateways and web-based history of all components.
HCL solutions ensure regulatory compliance, total payment management, efficient and effective straight through processing of Global Electronic Payments, cost effective solution for SEPA that meets growth opportunities and ensures customer success.
- ISO 20022 based application covering SEPA CT, SEPA DD-Core and SEPA DD-B2B.
- SWIFT based Multi-currency Payment and BIC based Analytical & Routing
Faster Payments For A Leading Bank In UK
HCL was involved to build real-time payments capability (Faster Payments ), Architecture blueprint and prototype for a centralized payment hub service
Faster Payment capabilities across multiple incoming channels
- Industry initiative was to build real-time payments capability on top of fragmented and poorly integrated systems.
- The challenge was that most payment processing was silo based and linked to channel & product systems.
- HCL offered a centralized payment hub service that eliminated silo based payments logic from channels, core systems, and legacy payment systems that supports processing of BACS and FPS payments in the same hub.
- Multiple workshops were conducted with various stakeholders to explain the FPS architecture for processing of FPS payments, settlement and liquidity features, security features, functionalities of various components in the FPS system architecture.
- Faster Payment capabilities (Real-time payments) across multiple incoming channels via single Payment processor.
- An architecture blueprint created by HCL supports progressive development of a Payment Services Hub covering for payment types.
- Enabled the bank with flexibility and scale of operations by implementing the payment Hub.
- Elimination of silo based payments through centralized payment hub service
Integrated Cash Management portal for Large Global Bank
HCL as strategic partner was involved to achieve:-White labeled solutions for 5 banks Re-usable development framework Architecture re-engineering from legacy to J2EE Technology
New business avenues, Faster time-to-market, Cost benefits and application scalability
- HCL’s Flagship global Internet Banking product for Corporate customers / Financial Institutions supports the Global Cash Management business.
- We engage deeply with our clients in areas such as application development, product support, quality assurance and deployment & environment support.
- HCL solutions cover payments, collections, trade services, loans & investments, pooling, netting, liquidity management, reconciliations and reporting functions.
- 10+ years of engagement with the client with a peak team size of 250
- 4 scheduled releases; 8 maintenance releases; 10.000 person days of effort each year
- 9,000 Corporate Customers ; 90,000 users ; 3.43 mn transactions per month with total Value of USD 600 billion
- Messaging Standards: SWIFT, EDIFACT, ISO – 20002
- Technology: Java/J2EE/JSP/EJB 2.0, Oracle 10G, Informatica 6.1, WebLogic 8.1, MVC architecture, IBM MQ Series, Perl/CGI, Pro * C
- Managed Services model – Cost benefits and streamlined development and support
- White labeled solutions for 5 banks – New business avenues
- Re-usable development framework – Faster time-to-market
- Architecture re-engineering from legacy to J2EE Technology – Cost benefits and application scalability
- Best practice implementation for front & back office efficiency
Consumer Cards – Loyalty (Business Process Monitoring)
HCL iControl was implemented to resolve lack of understanding of how the technical outages which the production support team were dealing with day-to-day were impacting the business. RCA was also impacting due to complexity of landscape
Business process mapping, Effective RCA, Real-time business performance
- Technical issues which had no impact on the business caused unidentifiable slowdowns for customers which due to redundancy processes.
- Effective root cause analysis was hard to do given the breadth and complexity of the landscape
The client engaged with HCL’s iControl / Business Flow Monitoring (BFM) to understand the business performance in real-time so that any degradation could be communicated to business ops ahead of customers reporting the same issues.
- Mapping of business process and setting key targets along each of the steps allowed PS to understand when and where issues occurred.
- Used this data to improve the root cause analysis being performed by support teams.
Payment Hub program at a large bank in Australia
- New simplified payments architecture “Unified Payments Capability (UPC)”
- Implementation of multiple components of payment hub with Product vendor
- HCL was acting as system integrator and provided overall program management & solution leadership
Metric driven project management, Value zone enabling cost savings
- Customer was moving towards a new payments architecture “Unified Payments Capability (UPC)”
- Customer was looking for Centralized core platform for payments processing and logic, utilizing a 3rd party product framework
- To simplify payments landscape and replace legacy payment system with the capabilities available in UPC
- Provide ability for bank’s business units to adapt rapidly and cost efficiently in response to changes in the business environment.
- Implemented multiple components of payment hub in partnership with product vendor utilizing its product knowledge
- Extended and configured the platform to achieve desired capabilities in the bank
- Provided the flexibility and scale of operations, required to implement payment hub. Helped bank to run multiple projects in parallel and meet critical timelines
- HCL’s know-how on the upstream and downstream interface systems, helped in completing required system integration activities successfully
- HCL Provided overall program management & solution leadership; and payment product vendor provided necessary resourcing to support implementation
- Operational gains derived from a simplified and unified architecture:
- Lower cost of support and maintenance
- Lower cost of application development (changes)
- Faster processing times
- Predictability of the payments process – i.e., significantly improved availability, and, in the event of any issue, a much-reduced resolution time.
- Agility and speed of responding to market and regulatory changes – eg. the industry-wide New Payments Platform (NPP).