The choice between hybrid and community cloud is as difficult as that between simplicity and privacy. For enterprises requiring both these attributes, the focus should then shift from which alternative suits them best to what extent of synthesis is required to yield maximum business value.
What’s Ahead for Cloud Computing?
Information technology (IT) executives are now gearing up for the next wave of cloud computing trends. These tech enthusiasts are channeling their enthusiasm towards using cloud services to prepare their businesses for technological disruptions along the following lines:
- The aggregate amount of information stored at data centers would be around 370 exabyte (EB)
- Rise of faster internet and 5G will fuel innovations that give rise to the internet of everything (IoE)
- Infrastructure upgrades and overhaul will lead to the delivery of new software-as-a-service (SaaS) frameworks
- Security challenges will occupy center stage for managed service providers (MSPs) in the cloud technology domain
Technology leaders will be aligning their enterprise servers and network infrastructures to make the most of these developments. That being said, the choice of data center will remain a bone of contention.
Understanding Hybrid Clouds
Hybrid cloud computing is a combination of private and public infrastructures. Businesses that implement this can ensure data protection of sensitive matter, while hosting other bundles of information on a public domain where cost reduction is the goal. As a result, they can meet high security standards for confidential information, while storing data at scale to meet enterprise demands cost effectively.
For businesses seeking to store sensitive data over a private network infrastructure while implementing big data analytics on non-sensitive data, hybrid clouds are the way ahead. On implementation of these infrastructures, not only will organizational standards for capacity utilization be met, but also a high degree of data privacy will be maintained.
Comprehending Community Clouds
Community cloud infrastructures are built on private models of cloud computing. They act as a comprehensive storage solution to meet specific business needs. By leveraging shared infrastructures provided by communications service providers (CSPs), businesses can host their software applications and development tools on a shared network to cater to their particular community needs.
To augment this, businesses can also have their own private cloud networks as part of the community cloud infrastructure to meet standard needs of security, privacy, and compliance.
Hybrid-Community Synthesis: The Way Ahead
The future of healthcare, financial, and legal businesses lies in implementing synthesized hybrid-community cloud infrastructures. As industries interconnect in the years to come, joint ventures will emerge, necessitating the adoption of community-specific hybridized software development platforms.
HCLTech offers cloud management services to meet varying cloud computing needs. By providing visibility into operational processes, hybrid and community cloud resources can help organizations provide, govern, monitor, and manage complete IT environments.
- Cisco Global Cloud Index: Forecast and Methodology, 2016–2021 Whitepaper, Cisco: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/service-provider/global-cloud-index-gci/white-paper-c11-738085.html
- The Role of 5G Networking and Cloud, Equinix: https://blog.equinix.com/blog/2018/07/17/the-role-of-5g-networking-and-cloud/
- BetterCloud can now manage any SaaS application, TechCrunch: https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/05/bettercloud-can-now-manage-any-saas-application/