Next Generation User Experience
The proliferation of devices and channels has significantly reduced consumer attention spans and widely increased their appetite and choice for new content, which means the window for media companies to reach out to consumers with their brands and products has shortened. The challenge now for media companies is how to create a unified proposition for reaching out to the connected consumer. Media companies can attract, engage, and monetize consumers by providing them with new and varied user experiences through contextual applications, next generation user interfaces, bringing together the power of mashups, social media, proximal, and collaborative apps. In other words, companies have devised a division that works exclusively on user experience strategy, with the view to maintain a longer customer lifecycle.
HCL offers following services to its clients:
- Business Strategy - An overall Multi Channel Enablement business strategy covering digital consulting, channel experiences, channel mix, people & change Management, RoI/ Business case and Program Planning.
- IT Strategy & Architecture – Create standalone or integrated with Business Strategy, including Current State/Gap Analysis, Enterprise Architecture and Platform/Technology selection.
- Usability & Information Design - Next Generation of Usability/ User Experience (Information Architecture, Instructional Design etc.), covers all web/ device experience like Electronic Gaming Machine, eReaders etc.
- New Platform Development/ Support - New Age experience includes Interactive Books, Mashups, Social Apps, TV Widgets, Games, Social media integration, Augmented Reality, App Store/ App Exchange & API Management.
- Testing Services - Compatibility Testing, Device Testing (like STB) and Content Testing.
These services would help companies:
- Reduce Content Production cost via automation, collaboration, integration of tools & workflow process
- Improve Digital Revenues
- Improve the Campaign effectiveness via personalization/targeting besides reducing the cost of campaign management via Digital channels
- Improve reuse (of content/ rights) due to standardization of systems, storage, discovery and transformation process
- Expand International coverage, New Demographics due to New Age experience
1500+ of HCL’s employees are engaged in delivering next generation User Experience services. Few of the major COEs that will enable HCL to deliver this service are:
- Digital Technologies –Multi-channel user experience enablement for web, mobile, social media focusing on CMS, Search, Video, Social Media, and Analytics technologies in Open source/commercial product space. Key focus includes, Microsoft, Sun, EMC, Alfersco, Drupal, Interwoven, Adobe CQ,and Fast. Currently, HCL’s social media applications are a rage amongst companies who are more active on social media channels.
- Mobility Services - Multiple mobile platforms, focusing on E2E mobility solutions for various devices & developing frameworks in various technologies/platforms including mobile content platforms, mobile marketing services, and contextual advertising.
- UID/ Web 2.0 CoE –Information Architecture/design consulting; Web, Apps., Mobile UI Architecture; Work on the usability evaluation models & contextual innovation; Creating end-to-end engineering services/platform development on web 2.0 technology
With continuous innovation and dedication to achieving the latest in technology, HCL’s usability & information design strategies have taken the ideal user experience to a different level.
A few of the existing solutions that illustrate HCL’s expertise and investment focus in next generation user experience applications are:
- Contextual Browser, an intuitive next generation browsing experience, providing contextual applications within an Entity-node framework... Read more
- Immersive book, an animated textbook with 3 D animations which can be read either on the web or mobile. Some of the user experience features include student performance monitoring and reporting... Read more
- Adaptive Learning Platform to impart personalized learning that connects teachers, students & parents with publishers and can be accessed on the move... Read more
- Mobile Coupon application framework, provides multiplatform coupon sourcing (NFC, QR Codes, Feeds) and redemption capabilities... Read more
- TV Widgets, a fully evolved catalogue of games available on TV, providing capabilities to set up connected television by running Yahoo! TV engine, providing customers a differentiated experience with a new interactive gaming portfolio
HCL has demonstrated capability of providing business value to our esteemed customers. Below are a few examples
- Conceptualization and delivery of high definition interactive eBooks on multiple channels (online and tablet) for a global leader in education publishing. Thus providing a competitive edge to the client with a substantially reduced content conversion cost and also almost halving the format conversion time.
- Responsible for the complete development of an eLearning platform including an authoring and delivery system for a leading private education company specializing in language training.
- Designed a new industry leading user experience for a leading US based electronic and microfilm publisher that will provide a consistent interface to all its branded products by consolidating services across multiple platforms.