Striking a balance between expansion and efficiency is a familiar challenge to 21st century enterprises. The need to minimize costs while meeting regulatory compliance necessitates an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. However, due to mergers and acquisitions, enterprises are left with disparate applications to meet the varied, unit-specific requirements. Business requirements are typically location-specific – for instance, a retail giant spanning the US and Europe, must be sensitive to strategic and operational differences across locations. In single-tier ERP systems, the Tier I ERP implementation is carried out across decentralized business units by corporate headquarters. This compels a uniform model, regardless of individual requirements. Additionally, roll-out becomes more expensive, prolonged and complex. With a two-tier, or ‘hub and spoke’ approach, the existing corporate ERP solution is complemented by a Tier II solution at the plant, division or subsidiary level.
Here’s why Microsoft 365 has been identified as the leading contender for ‘hub & spoke’ ERP:
- Cross-industry capabilities of Dynamics 365, which include retail, manufacturing, and the public sector
- Multi-format data integration and availability of generic APIs offered by Dynamics 365
- Flexible deployment of Microsoft Dynamics 365, via cloud or on-premise
- Intuitive user interface, leveraging familiarity with the Microsoft ecosystem
- Flexibility for sector-specific customization offered by Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Internationalization capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics 365 with support for 40+ countries and languages
HCL offers a comprehensive solution for transitioning to Microsoft Dynamics 365, from legacy systems overhaul to post-implementation support and hypercare. We empower organizations to augment existing ERP software with Microsoft Dynamics 365 applications, and ensure integration across countries and cultures. We have over 350 Microsoft Dynamics 365 professionals across 50 countries. 95% of our team comprises experts certified in AX 4.0, AX 2009, AX 2012, and AX7. HCL has also been recognized as a Gold Certified Partner for Microsoft, with experience in ERP implementation for businesses having 500 to 10,000 users.