Noida, India – 9th March 2020 – HCL Technologies (HCL), a leading global technology company, today announced it is celebrating International Women’s Day 2020 and will run a series of employee engagement activities throughout the year to recognize its women employees and their achievements. As an official IWD partner for the second year running, HCL will support this year’s #EachforEqual message through its own #HCLforEquality campaign.
The ongoing campaign will include a number of initiatives around the central theme “together for an equal tomorrow, today.” Designed to encourage HCL employees to get involved in overcoming diversity challenges in the workplace, the program will feature a series of events in which employees will join discussions celebrating the achievements of women leaders, hear from guest speakers, and listen to panel debates on improving diversity in the workforce. Due to the current global concerns surrounding the Covid-19 outbreak, these will initially be limited to virtual-only events to avoid exposing employees to unnecessary risk.
Over the next 12 months, HCL will continue driving diversity through several initiatives to advance careers for its women, including:
- Ascend – which mandates increases in the representation of women in senior management via multiple ways, including support programs, peer mentoring and coaching at all levels, and providing platforms to enable women leaders to learn and exhibit transformational leadership.
- Stepping Stones – which is a focused career development program to enable mid-level female employees to realize their career aspirations and potential and help them in their developmental journey. It focuses on coaching women who are new mothers and require help to manage the new expectations at work and home.
- HCL Women Connect – which aims to engage and advance women through development programs and advocate a gender-neutral work environment. This group also coaches and counsels aspiring young women professionals, shares experiences on work/life priorities and includes life coach support, daycare in office premises, concierge services, and policies such as extended maternity leave, work from home, flexible careers and flexible work hours.
- Femspiration – a platform facilitated by the HCL Women Connect Affinity Network, in which successful women leaders are invited to address employees and provide insights into successful leadership as well as understand perspectives on gender matters.
- Women Lead – an exclusive 1:1 mentoring program for aspiring corporate women leaders across the world, with three successful chapters in Australia, one that recently took place in the Nordics, and plans to launch in other key geographies later this year.
- #SheInspires – a program capturing the life stories of women who have blazed a trail in the STEM fields, helping inspire the next generation of women leaders in STEM. Launched in 2018, the program has featured 60+ HCL employees and customers through videos, Tweetchat discussions, and magazine articles.
- Red Ladder – which recognizes high-performing and high-potential women leaders and positions them as role models for other aspiring women. HCL’s Red Ladder initiative is a winner of the Stevie Award for women in Business 2017 in the category of “Women Helping Women.”
HCL has been in the forefront of employing and empowering women since inception. In recognition of its efforts, HCL received NASSCOM’s Award for Excellence in Gender Diversity (2019). It is proud to support IWD 2020, working to raise awareness against bias, celebrating the achievements of women leaders, and encouraging its employees to help create a gender equal workplace. HCL is confident that by working together women can create an equal world for tomorrow, today—and every day.
For further details, please contact:
Elka Ghudial, Europe