Market opportunity and need
Accelerated telehealth adoption during the COVID-19 pandemic has set the stage for more widespread remote monitoring of patients in healthcare services. Patients, too, have an increasingly positive perception of virtual healthcare services. Insurers are also coming on board for remote patient monitoring (RPM), with CMS leading the charge. All of these developments are making remote patient monitoring-centered virtual care a financially viable, clinically rewarding care model that promises convenient, efficient, and effective clinical care delivery. In addition, the very nature of RPM offers a unique opportunity for healthcare organizations to leverage remote monitoring for ongoing patient engagement under their healthcare services. Hence, such robust telehealth service and virtual care approaches can ensure better patient loyalty and retention.
Solution summary– Features and components
HCLTech’s remote patient monitoring solution is an end-end suite that caters to various needs across the virtual patient care environment. This includes chronic care management, acute care monitoring, preventive physiological monitoring, and wellness monitoring.
- A digital front door for patient onboarding
- Medical device sourcing, logistics, provisioning, and helpdesk
- Ongoing monitoring using leading RPM platforms
- Patient engagement and adherence services - person-to-person and campaign-based
- Initial triage and counseling services by qualified and trained healthcare professionals
- Compliant charge capture and billing details
- End-to-end integration across enterprise systems
- Accounts Receivable services
The engagement model offered ranges from individual modules– e.g., end-to-end medical device life cycle management, or in an RPM-as-a-Service model where all the components are bundled and offered on a per-patient-per-month basis from prescription to collection.
- Extensible and Interoperable
- Healthcare interoperability standards support (e.g., FHIR, HL7, CCR/CCD)
- 100% HIPAA-compliant
- Comprehensive coverage of CMS Policy Codes
- Generate CMS-compliant billing details (CPT 99453, CPT99545, CPT 99457, CPT 99458, CPT 99091)
- Configuration with other health plan contracts
- Powerful End-User Capabilities and Rules Management Module
- Integration with 50+ medical devices and sensors
- 24/7 remote patient monitoring (RPM)
- Mobile app and platform (iOS and Android)
- Secure remote monitoring by family and caregivers
- Customizable rules management module– Ability to customize clinical alerts and gaps in care
- Flexible Architecture
- Support for mobile technologies (iOS, Android, and Windows)
- New feature development/customization services
- Big data integration support
- Analysis of patient-generated healthcare data sets
A single IT platform for complete Remote patient monitoring and continuous patient engagement
Remote patient monitoring and continuous patient engagement healthcare services are becoming an accepted norm because of their positive experience for patients and efficiency for clinicians. Healthcare organizations can deploy a virtual healthcare solution that offers ease of use and financial benefits today, with flexibility and scalability for the future.