- Industry Left Col
- Industry Right Col
Pursuant to the applicable provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and the provisions of Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (Accounting, Audit, Transfer and Refund) Rules, 2016 (the “Rules”) notified by the Ministry of Corporate affairs effective September 7, 2016, all unpaid or unclaimed dividends are required to be transferred by the Company to the Investor Education and Protection Fund (“IEPF”) established by the Central Government, after completion of seven years.
The Rules, inter alia, also provide that, all shares in respect of which dividend(s) remain unpaid or unclaimed for a period of seven consecutive years shall be transferred to the DEMAT Account of the IEPF Authority (the “IEPF DEMAT Account”) within 30 days from the due date of transfer.
Both the unpaid / unclaimed dividend(s) and the corresponding shares transferred to the IEPF DEMAT Account including all benefits, if any, accruing on such shares after the date of transfer to the IEPF DEMAT Account can be claimed from the IEPF Authority.
Guidelines for investors to file claim:
- Download the Form IEPF-5 from the website of IEPF by following the link http://www.iepf.gov.in/IEPFA/corporates.html, for filing the claim for refund. Read the instructions provided on the website / instruction kit along with the e-form carefully before filing the form.
- After filing the form, save it on your computer and submit the duly filled form by following the instructions given in the upload link on the website. On successful uploading an acknowledgement will be generated indicating the SRN. Please note the SRN for future tracking of the form.
- Take a printout of the duly filled Form IEPF-5 and the acknowledgement issued after uploading the form.
- Submit indemnity bond in original, copy of acknowledgement and self-attested copy of e-form along with other documents as mentioned in the Form IEPF-5 to Nodal Officer of the Company at the address provided below in an envelope marked “Claim for refund from IEPF Authority”.
- Claim forms completed in all respects will be verified by the Company and on the basis of the Company’s verification report submitted to IEPF Authority, refund will be generated by the IEPF Authority in favour of claimant’s Aadhar linked bank account through electronic means.
The details of the Nodal officer nominated by the Company for the purpose of coordination with the IEPF Authority are as below:
|1||Name of the Nodal Officer||Mr. Manish Anand|
|2||Designation||Company Secretary & Compliance Officer|
|3||Postal Address||HCL Technologies Limited,
14th Floor, Tower – 6,
Plot 3A, Special Economic Zone, Sector 126, Noida (U.P.) – 201 304
|4||Tele-fax number||+91 11 26436336|
Details of Unclaimed / Unpaid Dividends and Equity Shares transferred / liable to be transferred to the IEPF:
Pursuant to the Notification dated October 16, 2017 the Ministry of Corporate Affairs mandated the transfer of equity shares for which seven years’ period was completed during September 7, 2016 to October 31, 2017.
Accordingly, the Company has transferred the shares on which dividends were due from the Financial year 2009-10 for seven consecutive years to the IEPF DEMAT Account on December 2-3, 2017.
Further, the Company will be transferring all shares to the IEPF on June 19, 2018, on which dividends are due from the 3rd Interim Dividend for the year 2010-11 till seven consecutive years. Shareholders are requested to verify their details and communicate to the Company or the RTA before June 12, 2018 to avoid the same.