HCL and Cisco Launch South Africa Glocal Centre of Excellence Offering Customer and Partner Support throughout Africa
Johannesburg, South Africa, Noida, India 29th March 2012: Leading global IT services provider HCL Technologies Ltd. (HCL), has strategically aligned with Cisco to announce the opening of a South Africa Glocal Centre of Excellence (GCoE) in Johannesburg as part of its commitment to build a socially responsible business. The Johannesburg GCoE will serve as a local support center for HCL and Cisco’s South African clients. It will also train local engineers on advanced Cisco technologies to support clients across Africa and specifically South Africa.
Johannesburg, South Africa, Noida, India 29 March 2012: Leading global IT services provider HCL Technologies Ltd. (HCL), has strategically aligned with Cisco to announce the opening of a South Africa Glocal Centre of Excellence (GCoE) in Johannesburg as part of its commitment to build a socially responsible business. The Johannesburg GCoE will serve as a local support center for HCL and Cisco’s South African clients. It will also train local engineers on advanced Cisco technologies to support clients across Africa and specifically South Africa.
Highlights / Key Facts:
- HCL has established Global Cisco Hub in India and has over 15 years’ experience in creating engineering talent in advanced technologies.
- HCL is a pioneer and global leader in Remote Infrastructure Management and it will extend its best practices and global delivery excellence in this arena to the African region through the Johannesburg GCoE which will serve as a local delivery hub.
- The GCoE which will be operated by HCL, will be aligned with the India hub to address the skills shortage for advanced technologies in both regions. HCL has already trained an initial batch of 26 local engineers who are already deployed on key projects in five regional hubs across South Africa, with plans to train 100 engineers at the centre over next 12 months.
- The launch of the South Africa Hub capitalizes on HCL’s core strength in training large numbers of engineers and will see this strategy expanded further and rolled out on a wider base.
- The GCoE will serve customers either directly and indirectly through HCL’s partner network throughout Africa, It will also service clients by developing ICT skill sets thus ultimately creating trained local personnel to deploy and manage advanced solutions.
- The centre will support a number of vertical sectors including Telecom Service Providers, BFSI, the Public Sector and the Retail & Mining industry and joins existing GCoEs in the US and EU in running dedicated recruitment and training programs for college graduates.
- A pilot programme running at centers in Seattle WA and Cary North Carolina in the US, Helsinki in Finland, Krakow in Poland, Dublin in Ireland, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, Dubai in UAE and Singapore has already provided a platform for developing IT skill pool in local communities through collaboration with anchor customers and universities.
Ashish Gupta, Senior Vice President and Head - EMEA, HCL Infrastructure Services Division, HCL Technologies
“As more and more companies in the west look for new avenues of growth we are increasingly seeing a large demand for leading edge IT solutions coming in from emerging markets like Africa. The Johannesburg Glocal Center of Excellence is an important part of our strategy in the way we plan to serve our customers and partners throughout Africa and underlines our core philosophy of creating talent pools in the markets we operate to manage advanced technology solutions which can help our customers leverage the latest technologies for their business.
Stefano Mattiello, Director, Channels for Cisco South Africa
“South Africa offers many unique advantages for customer services support and also aligns with Cisco’s focus to partner with emerging countries in order to create innovative and inclusive business models enabled by technology. We choose to collaborate with HCL in South Africa because of its innovative, world-class support services. The centers of excellence we operate help us provide a global reach through the use of technology. We lead in the way of adopting Web 2.0 tools that allow us to work virtually and do business anytime, anywhere, with high levels of operational efficiency.”
Links / URLs:
- News@Cisco in Africa: http://newsroom.cisco.com/africa
- Cisco South Africa Website: http://www.cisco.com/web/ZA/index.html
About HCL Technologies
HCL Technologies is a leading global IT services company, working with clients in the areas that impact and redefine the core of their businesses. Since its inception into the global landscape after its IPO in 1999, HCL focuses on ‘transformational outsourcing’, underlined by innovation and value creation, and offers integrated portfolio of services including software-led IT solutions, remote infrastructure management, engineering and R&D services and BPO. HCL leverages its extensive global offshore infrastructure and network of offices in 26 countries to provide holistic, multi-service delivery in key industry verticals including Financial Services, Manufacturing, Consumer Services, Public Services and Healthcare. HCL takes pride in its philosophy of ‘Employee First, Customer Second’ which empowers our 83,076 transformers to create a real value for the customers. HCL Technologies, along with its subsidiaries, has reported consolidated revenues of US$ 3.9 billion (` 18,334 crores), as on 31 December 2011 (on LTM basis). For more information, please visit www.hcltech.com
About HCL Enterprise
HCL is a $6.2 billion leading global technology and IT enterprise comprising two companies listed in India – HCL Technologies and HCL Infosystems. Founded in 1976, HCL is one of India's original IT garage start-ups. A pioneer ofmodern computing and a transformational enterprise, HCL’s diverse range of hardware and software offerings span a wide array of focused industry verticals. The HCL team consists of 88,000 professionals of diverse nationalities, who operate from 31 countries including over 500 points of presence in India. For more on HCL, please visit www.hcl.com.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Forward looking Statements
Certain statements in this release are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks, uncertainties,assumptions and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. All statements, other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward looking statements, including but not limited to the statements containing the words 'planned', 'expects', 'believes’,’ strategy', 'opportunity', 'anticipates', 'hopes' or other similar words. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding impact of pending regulatory proceedings, fluctuations in earnings, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services, Business Process Outsourcing and consulting services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, customer acceptances of our services, products and fee structures, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, our ability to integrate acquired assets in a cost effective and timely manner, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, the success of our brand development efforts, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies /entities in which we have made strategic investments, withdrawal of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property, other risks, uncertainties and general economic conditions affecting our industry. There can be no assurance that the forward looking statements made herein will prove to be accurate, and issuance of such forward looking statements should not be regarded as a representation by the Company, or any other person, that the objective and plans of the Company will be achieved. All forward looking statements made herein are based on information presently available to the management of the Company and the Company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statement that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the Company.
Cisco Contact Information:
+44 7770 751107
+27 21 413 4577
HCL Technologies Contact Information:
HCL Technologies, Europe
DID: +44 (0) 207 105 8661
MOB: +44 (0) 7921 699137
Jon Brigden / Laura Spence
+44 (0)20 7802 26 26