- Industry Left Col
- Industry Right Col
Socially Responsible Business
HCL Foundation (HCLF), established in 2011 as a not-for-profit organization, seeks to engage with various stakeholders to bring about developmental changes in a holistic manner. The Foundation was formed on the belief that every HCL employee can make a difference and is funded through employee and organizational contributions. Community-based programs and activities are planned with a keen focus on sustainability and employee engagement. Over the years, the Foundation has expanded its focus and activities and plays a significant role in realizing the overall sustainable agenda of the company. HCL Foundation has committed INR 1 billion towards CSR initiatives over the next five years. Read more about our community focus around the world.
WOMEN EMPOWERMENT AT HCL
Women empowerment is an important part of our holistic diversity agenda and we believe in initiating changes that will play a pivotal role in this direction. At HCL, we are committed to women empowerment and celebrating the contribution of women in the organization. The three key elements of HCL Technologies’ gender diversity strategy involve:
- Leadership commitment and extensive ongoing advocacy to address the unconscious bias in the workplace
- On-boarding multiple stakeholders and driving the agenda based on diversity and inclusion goals of the respective unit, wherein the framework is global but the implementation is global to suit varied business and location needs, and
- Two enabling programs for women leadership development which are based on formal mentoring.
- ASCEND, which mandates increases in the representation of women in senior management via multiple ways, including support programs, peer mentoring and coaching at all levels, and providing platforms to enable women leaders to learn and exhibit transformational leadership.
- STEPPING STONES, which is a focused career development program to enable mid-level female employees to realise their career aspirations and potential and help them in their developmental journey. It focuses on coaching women who are new mothers and require help to manage the new expectations at work and home.
HCL runs a number of other diversity-oriented programs which contribute towards our gender diversity agenda. Some of these are:
- HCL Women Connect which aims to engage and advance women through development programs, and advocate a gender neutral work environment by suggesting appropriate policies as well as position HCL as an employer of choice by women across the globe. This group also coaches and counsels aspiring young women professionals, shares experiences on work/life priorities and includes life coach support, daycare in office premises, concierge services, and policies such as extended maternity leave, work from home, flexible careers and flexible work hours.
- ‘Feminspiration’, which is a platform facilitated by the HCL Women Connect Affinity Network in which successful women leaders are invited to address employees and provide insights into successful leadership as well as understand perspectives on gender matters.
- ‘BlogHer’, which is an internal platform where many aspects of gender-neutral policies are discussed. These discussions are constructive, non-hierarchical and help both HCL and employees to demystify workplace myths and stereotypes on gender, culture and other issues.
- Opportunity to interact with HCL Board Members – Meetings are organised every quarter for women leaders to exchange thoughts, ideas and perspectives with HCL Board members. This provides an ‘outside-in’ view for the women leaders and also gain insights on diversity and inclusion at the workplace.
As a result of HCL’s gender diversity strategy and initiatives, our overall gender ratio has been sustained while there has been an improvement in the middle level of the organisation, which we believe would translate into improved representation of women at the leadership level in the years to come.
We are delighted to share our Sustainability Report 2016 for HCL Technologies. This is our sixth Sustainability Report, which has been audited by KPMG. The report takes a comprehensive look into the four top priorities that have emerged from our stakeholder engagements, namely Responsible Business, Redefine Workplace, Renew Ecosystem and Repay Society. Reading this report will help you understand HCL practices on governance, ideapreneurship, work environment and culture. The report also touches on HR programs including diversity and ombudsman channels, work-related policies, green operations and community development. The data pertains to workforce including diversity, employee health and safety practices, employee engagement and development. You will also have access to information on admin and operations, supplier diversity and procurement policies, environment (green, carbon emissions etc.) and community development (CSR) practices.
Please refer to the report for any information you may need. For suggestions/feedback, please do write to firstname.lastname@example.org