Application Support & Maintenance: More than automation
Most of the enterprise Application Support & Maintenance (ASM) services on the market today focus on automating operations to reduce human effort. On the surface, this goal makes sense— enterprises want to free up resources and resolve issues more quickly. But automating your ticket resolution does not decrease the number of issues neither it gives SLA miss to business. Automation can shorten downtime when it happens, but it does not address the underlying causes of downtime to prevent it in the future and save business dollars.
At HCLTech, we want our clients to achieve operational resilience— to see around corners, operate consistently, and deliver better solutions with quality assurance & testing to accelerate time to market. This is why our approach to ASM focuses on business observability, user experience and resilience in addition to automation. Platform observability allows you to identify and resolve the root causes of performance issues, resulting in better platform quality with less upkeep, smarter operations, and reduced technical debt. Overhead costs are decreased through operations that are truly optimized, not just automated.
Achieve operational resilience with HCLTech’s ASM 2.0
HCLTech’s Application Support & Maintenance (ASM) 2.0 is our customized framework that enables experience-centric and business-aligned outcomes via automated, intelligent, and contextualized application support operations. ASM 2.0 offers smart, enterprise-wide application operations which are aligned with application development, digital transformation principles, and new ways of working.
With an integrated and customized approach based on the enterprise's maturity across people, processes, technology, applications, and data, HCLTech offers the right ASM treatment for your business.
- Operating Model Transformation: Digital acceleration is changing the IT operating model, and we help enterprises bring together application managed services, application development, and data/cloud modernization into a single value stream for more streamlined operations.
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE): SRE ways of working enable faster, cloud-native development for software fixes to increase platform reliability. SRE approach takes operations from being reactive to proactive, monitoring and resilient systems.
- AI-Powered Analytics: We add a layer of AI-enabled analytics across your applications to enable proactive and preventive operations and actionable insights for better operational decision-making.
- Business Context: As environments grow more dynamic, interrelated, and complex, it is important to look at operations not only from an IT lens but also to understand their business impact. Our model aligns application teams with business value streams and their associated business KPIs.
- Predictive AIOps: Using a simple plug-and-play approach, we infuse predictive AI into your existing applications stack to achieve smarter operations and get ahead of performance issues.
Real performance improvements with ASM 2.0
With ASM 2.0 and our unique market experience in helping enterprises modernize their application landscape, we have become a challenger to traditional ASM models by helping enterprises build resilient and reliable operations.
With ASM 2.0, enterprises can:
- Increase application availability to accelerate revenue and meet business goals and compliance requirements
- Reduce tickets with smart operations that learn and address root causes
- Adopt AI and ML-enabled operations that focus on better system quality, not just speed
- Create better end-user experiences for customers and employees with fewer tickets, less system downtime, and more connected operations
- Increase enterprise agility by freeing up ASM teams to focus on DevSecOps models
The context of application operations within an enterprise has been redefined in today’s high-velocity, software-driven digital world. It’s a world where businesses constantly reinvent on an evolving technology stack with complex infrastructure landscape; where an enterprise is a convoluted amalgamation of legacy systems, digital apps and SaaS; and where customer experience and effectiveness perspective is as important as cost and efficiency.
The exponential rise in business and technological complexity in the last decade has made traditional, one-size-fits-all operations model obsolete. And application management has evolved from a passive IT role to a strategic, business-enabling function. This necessitates an end-to-end operations model that pervades every inch of the business and enables customized, on-demand, and proactive service management to drive superior customer experience, faster incident resolution and enhanced business resilience.
ASM 2.0 framework is HCLTech’s NextGen Application Support & Maintenance(ASM) framework that enables experience-centric and business-aligned outcomes via automated, intelligent and contextualized application support operations. It offers smart enterprise-wide application operations which is aligned with NextGen application development, digital transformation principles, and new ways of working. It comprises five key pillars:
- Customer operating model: This tenet helps organizations choose an appropriate operating model, ways of working, culture and team skillset based on how the enterprise application portfolio is evolving.
- OpsDeck- SRE based Ops: It focuses on engineering aspects of the platform, like availability, reliability, automation, launch engineering within the cluster of applications.
- Observe2Act: It refers to insights on how the end-to-end spectrum of IT and business services are monitored, analyzed and actioned.
- Context aware Ops: This pillar defines how teams/squads/tribes are aligned to different business functions and value streams and drives efficient business process flows, business monitoring and process automation.
- iONA: It is HCLTech’s intelligent application operations platform that transforms enterprises by simplifying the operational activities. It provides the right capabilities to capture data, continuously learn and get smarter by utilizing AI/ML, provide contextual information, and automate redundant tasks.
ASM 2.0 framework helps drive better customer experience, operational efficiency, faster incident resolution and overall resilience across the enterprises. Some of the key benefits include:
- Upto 45% reduction in operational spend
- Upto 30% improvement in operational efficiency
- Upto 40% improvement in resolution times
- Experience led approach to IT operations, architecture and process strategies
- Right organization, operating model, and roles to scale agility
- Highly adaptive, and customizable making it ideal for any type of IT operations journey
- Safeguards investments in existing tools by infusing best-of-breed components to upscale AIOps journey
ASM 2.0 Framework
Insights driven Automation powered by AI
Context aware Ops
Business aware Ops with collaboration-based approach
Right fit operating models for business alignment and portfolio transformation
OpsDeck - SRE based Ops
Platform operations & common services support team
iONA- HCLTech’s Intelligent Operations Platform
Deliver collaboration, persona-based immersive experience, and empathy.
Apply intelligent end-to-end automation across redundant tasks, health checks, self healing and many more.
Capture, correlate, and contextualize data for algorithmic learning and deep analysis; provide intelligent insights for machine/human decisions.