Global Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Procurement Outsourcing Services & Solutions
Key Business Challenges
Globalization, coupled with the dynamic nature of the market have heavily impacted the efficient management of supply chains. Despite significant ERP rollouts, substantial revenue leakage continues to plague the delivery model. The biggest challenges faced in supply chain management are:
- The demand-supply imbalance that is creating inadequate visibility and inaccurate forecasting
- Dependence on third-party involvement for manufacturing, distribution, and logistics
- Poor statutory compliance adherence
- Reliance on multiple and fragmented standalone applications
HCL’s SCM Services
HCL’s Supply Chain transformation solutions include a blend of strategic, tactical, and transactional services spanning source to pay, quote-to-cash, compliance, data management, andlogistics outsourcing functionalities. These help streamline supply chain management, optimize operations, drive innovation, and unlock value.
HCL’s supply chain management services help companies’ generate greater value by providing real-time information and process transparency. HCL helps a customer gain control over its extended global supply chain, streamline its order management process and improve its logistics management systems. HCL’s proprietary Enterprise Functions as a Service (EFaaS™) model helps enterprises manage indirect and non-strategic spending, and achieve cost optimization through an Agile procurement roadmap. Additionally, HCL focuses on cost avoidance strategies in all its procurement engagements.
Sourcing & Procurement
- Spend Analytics
- RFX Management
- E Auction
- Catalogue Management
- Contract Management
- Category Management
- Inventory Planning/Reporting
- PO/ OOR Management
- AP Support
- Returns Management (Inbound)
- Order Processing (OEM & Aftermarket)
- Planning / VMI
- Documentation, Track & Trace
- Supply Chain & inventory Planning
- Reporting & Analysis
- Warranty/Field Service Order Management
- RMA Management (Outbound)
Manufacturing Ops Support
- MRP & MPS
- Configuration Management
- PLM & PCM
- L1/L2 Helpdesk
- Slot Management & Lead Time Profiling
- Analytics & Reporting
- Warehouse Management
- Inventory Optimization
- Failure Analysis
- Supplier Compliance
- Trade compliance
- Harmonized Tariff Scheduling (HTS)
- Special Trade Program (Solicitation & NAFTA/ SGFTA qualifications)
- Restricted Party Screening
- Conflict Minerals
- REACH & ROHS
- Legal Compliance
- Multimodal Freight Management
- Global Account Management
- Import/ Export/ Domestic
- Data Entry/Track & Trace
- Rating & Billing
- Break Bulk
- Freight & Broker Audit
- Customer Service
- Customs Brokerage Document Preparation & Solicitation
- Reporting & Analysis
- Geo Coding
Data Management Services
- Data Cleansing/Migration
- EDI /EAI Error Resolution
- Report Factory
- Vendor/Supplier Management
- Customer Master/Asset Management
- Items/Parts Master Management
HCL’s Differentiated Value Offerings
- HCL’s Enterprise Functions as a Service (EFaaS™) model creates an extended enterprise function which is capable of delivering business function services as a utility. This also provides flexibility and scalability in business operations as it derives benefits from both BPO/ IT and application services.
- HCL’s Toscana© BPM is an end-to-end software solution to design, deploy, manage, optimize, and improve business processes. Toscana© optimizes the process through auto work distribution, prioritization, exception and approval management, and SLA management. This in turn enables quality control, easily manageable hand offs, real time performance, and work status reports.
- ToscanaBot HCL’s proprietary robotics capability helps reduce or eliminate manual tasks while improving efficiency and accuracy.
- HCL’s proprietary ASSET™ Transition methodology provides seamless, structured, risk-free and control-focused transition. This integrated framework provides comprehensive templates, processes, tollgate definitions, measurements, key leanings, and best practices from over 200 global transitions.
- HCL has an established SCM CoE with a dedicated pool of SCM professionals to drive best-in-class practices and process improvement initiatives such as Six-Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, and process re-engineering.
What We’ve Done For Others
Several industry leaders have derived business benefits from our supply chain management services.
For a Global F500 manufacturing company
HCL helped transform this company’s global Order Management, Supply Chain Planning and Data Management processes. Key achievements include:
- Deploying best-in-class practices, process re-engineering, and tools and automation solutions to drastically reduce the order management turnaround time by 79% and streamline data management processes.
- An innovative and holistic approach, combining “Process Improvement” and “People Management”, the basis being the Toyota Production System, has resulted in achieving more than $10 million in savings in operational costs, and >99% in Quality-levels.
- Drastic improvement in order visibility, shipment tracking to 99% of orders, proactive order status communication to end-users, and timely generation of shipping documents to avoid shipment disruptions.
For a global, leading semiconductor equipment manufacturer
HCL manages the end-to-end procurement for this client’s manufacturing plants across the globe. HCL has helped to improve its overall efficiency, performance, visibility into its procurement processes, and customer satisfaction. For this engagement, HCL has:
- Implemented a metrics and SLA-driven global shared service solution empowered by the Toscana platform to process purchase requests and orders, provide enhanced visibility on order status, and streamline contract lifecycle management
- Transformed the procurement process, resulting in a 67% reduction in turnaround time, and a reduction of more than 50% in the cost per PO; supplier compliance, quality, and efficiency has significantly improved
- Driven additional savings and process improvements through HCL’s Value Portal - low cost automation and Mine the Gold projects (alternate parts identification) resulted in savings of more than $1.2 million
For a European top 10 3PL provider
HCL setup a shared services center to consolidate the company’s activities that are performed across 100 locations.
- HCL developed and deployed a Global Visibility Platform to track shipments which resulted in 100% visibility across channels, and delivered 6% of productivity gains, annually
- HCL deployed a tool to monitor SLAs and quality, which enabled a 50% reduction in DSO as a result of adopting an SLA-led approach
- A 35% FTE bandwidth release for core activities, enabled the client achieve Euro 6.3 million in savings at the end of the first year
- HCL deployed Kaizen, Value Portal, and other customer focused projects, which resulted in an 80% reduction in re-invoicing