The launch of SAP Business Suite 4 SAP HANA (SAP S/4HANA) has meant that SAP's customers must take a leap of faith. SAP, which emphasized the benefits of the new suite, has given customers insights into how the next generation of enterprise resource planning (ERP) system will meet their business demands. Using SAP S/4HANA, organizations can reduce the complications of their SAP landscapes with the streamlined, centralized suite running on the in-memory SAP HANA platform. Yes, this may look good at face value, but how will organizations benefit from adopting this new ERP system?
The IT fraternity realizes the potential of S/4HANA as a driving force for a reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) relying on the savings from leaner databases and the simplifications, consolidation, and speed opportunities. But from a business point of view, the question is: How can organizations get real value by implementing S/4HANA? HCL Technologies frequently discusses with its clients this 'so what' query. It is not only what SAP S/4HANA is about, but what the real value is from an organization’s viewpoint. Why should HCL’s clients take the leap of faith?
HCL has picked out key enablers to generate value from S/4HANA and SAP Suite on HANA. After an in-depth analysis of the technology and considering the feedback from clients, HCL has created a value-based program to offer organizations an outcome-based and non-disruptive journey to S/4HANA We help organizations move to S/4HANA and Suite on HANA to begin realizing the initial benefits made available by the simplification and the speed inherent in the new technology. The move will help the enablers to be unlocked in order to let organizations realize the high-value drivers using an agile and non-disruptive approach. This approach permits organizations to take on these drivers in smaller projects with faster delivery. Organizations can then fund each project leveraging the value realized from past projects. This helps in restricting the impact on internal resources and reducing the initial investment.
HCL has classified the enablers into key areas, which include the following:
- Agility/Speed for quicker data access with agile tools. The agility of SAP S/4HANA lets organizations achieve more with data. For instance, a team dealing with finance could run real-time jobs in batches without it having to wait for the jobs to complete. The capability to run jobs in real time allows users to run them several times in case there is a need to refine the results.
- Productivity is improved using the Fiori SAP UX powered by SAP HANA as the new UI. While Fiori isn't new, the processing power and speed that HANA provides help unlock Fiori's potential. This advantage is available across SAP S/4HANA and SAP SoH HANA and offers KPIs in real time that provides users access to several transactions using a single app. Transactions are processed with fewer clicks and screens to be filled out; they can also be customized and role-based in order to enhance further the user experience.
- Operational monitoring with SAP Lumira and SAP HANA. This enables organizations to directly report from the native ERP database and avoid delays in data export that can raise questions about an organization's data integrity. SAP Lumira and SAP HANA Live help organizations report in real time with enhanced visibility in order to make quicker decisions. Moreover, standard HANA predictive analytics tools allow for quicker and better decision-making support. Users can be permitted to create queries to extract data as necessary, which is generally limited in non-HANA databases.
- Simplification is an advantage that can be more closely associated with SAP S/4HANA. This is particularly significant since it reduces issues with reconciliation and in its place promotes one source of truth. FI- and CO-related transactions are saved as a single line item; this improves the dependability of the data across functions.
- Cross-functional transparency, an advantage of SAP S/4HANA and SAP HANA, enables a consistent and dependable workflow. The capability to access information in various system areas and work cross-functionally enables further the real-time insights and analytics into the data across the organization.
- Digitalization is the last enabler identified by HCL. The Fiori UX and SAP HANA offers the flexibility and power to build a solid foundation for creating and implementing a digital strategy. HCL makes available end-to-end digital solutions that help drive value and innovation, improve productivity, and improve considerably an organization's client and user experience.
Transformation and innovation are traditionally associated with painful, long, and, not to forget, costly programs. HCL's Agile Benefits Creation approach offers benefits in agile bursts, associated with a client's funding and internal resources with minimum disruption. HCL examines an organization’s high-volume and critical processes and enables the building of a business case which promotes value using these enablers.