The post-trade business landscape is at an inflection point as newer technologies and cut-throat competition continue to reshape business models.
Legacy applications hindering flexibility for large-scale transformation, silo-ed business processes, shrinking margins, and crunch of right skills for niche technology are some of the many impediments that must be addressed.
While these challenges pose hurdles, they also present an opportunity for firms to provide Post-Trade solutions. Increasing regulatory oversight and the need to be compliant, mitigation of operational risk through stable and predictable operations and cost reduction amidst shrinking margins are some of the factors that drive the market.
HCLTech Novus Post-Trade solutions are a combination of application services and business operations delivered through innovative engagement models. These help both buy and sell-side participants achieve alternate revenue streams and disruptive cost arbitrage while ensuring stability, control, compliance, and improved efficiencies.
Cost pressures on IBs leading to the exit of asset classes
Increased investment in risk and cybersecurity
Increased investment in AI and blockchain technologies
Realization of chronic underinvestment in MO & BO
Key business payoffs
- Client wanted to modernize their legacy system by moving to a cloud-based digital platform
- Significant reduction in cost across applications, infrastructure, and BPO
Solution and benefits
- Modernized 17+ core applications to a single digital cheque processing platform
- Implemented a region-based target operating model
- Delivered real-time data analytics and reporting
- Delivered 40% TCO reduction and transaction-based pricing
- Platform modernization through tech upgradation, APIfication, cloudification, AI/ NLP
- Reduction in the total cost of operations
- Simplification of application landscape by consolidation, modernization, and decommission
- Creation of a shared service factory model
Solution and benefits
- Implemented a factory model for 300 applications to handle 40% more volumes
- Consolidated 70 reconciliation applications into a single platform leading to 35% cost reduction
- 75% drop in average daily unallocated breaks
- Increase in auto-matching rate to 86%
- 45% reduction in the total cost of operations