SAP, Done Better
Syniti is a provider of enterprise data management services that enables organizations to turn complex data challenges into competitive advantages. HCL’s partnership with Syniti provides tools and accelerators that lead the modern data-migration and quality data with intelligent data tools, accelerators, and SAP S/4HANA data migration “best practices.”
SAP Advanced Data Migration (ADM), by the Syniti solution platform, provides orchestration, transformation, and reconciliation, besides data-quality capabilities and activities essential for complex data migration and sustaining data quality for SAP S4/HANA business transformations.
The solution aligns master data maintenance and data governance with agreed business goals, enterprise data objectives, and industry best practices.
- A modern approach to data: It tightly integrates business planning with data strategy, harnessing the power of AI/ML to capture and govern information.
- Intelligent data tools: Provides data quality and transformation capabilities through faster migrations via automation with controlled costs and reduced risk.
- Accelerates all SAP S/4HANA paths: HCL and Syniti collaborate with all systems and SAP S/4HANA pathways, including greenfield, selective data transition, and brownfield.
Eighty-two percent of global CXOs rank data as the key element for strategic advantage, such as customer loyalty, company performance, and R&D/new offers, among others. HCL—in partnership with Syniti—helps you lay the foundation for your enterprise’s data transformation journey.
Accelerating value for the enterprise clients is often easy when the trusted advisors and critical providers are aligned to bring the best team and skills to deliver comprehensive data solutions to the customers. Therefore, the HCL-Syniti strategic partnership brings to you the best the industry offers.
Together, this partnership delivers more data transformation benefits and unique outcomes faster and of the highest quality while achieving the shared goals and exceeding the expectations of the joint clients.
The partnership brings technology, business, and solution integration leaders to one platform where they join you on your data transformation journey.
executives are skeptical of the analytics generated by their business operations
executives do not believe their companies have created a consistent, data-driven culture
executives do not believe their companies have achieved an effective level of data maturity
Businesses today have a unique opportunity to reimagine and shape how people get work done. While it’s unclear how the future will unfold, the following advice will help organizations prepare for the changes to come.
Manufacture, Repair, and Operations (MRO) optimization for Retail & CPG
Having an agile and efficient supply chain is the backbone of a successful energy company. The HCL-Syniti MRO solution for data management can drastically accelerate spare part inventory optimization and time to repair.
Material segmentation acceleration for life sciences
In an industry with so many moving pieces and parts, having a tight governance over data entry and harmonization can drastically reduce product launch timeframes and increase organizational agility.
Data transformation for Oil & Gas
Inaccurate data impacts most O&G functions and leads to operational inefficiencies, compliance risks, and increased working capital. Our MRO solution helps improve uptime, reduce parts cost, and optimize working capital.
Why this partnership?
A cost-effective faster time to value, resulting in better business outcomes
Reduction of cost, based on auto-generation of rules and content, enabling intelligent tools to maximize ROI
Improve performance and reduce the complexity of data conversion objects by utilizing proven intelligent data tools and accelerators, and implementing data archiving
Modern approach to data migration
Proven methodology, tools and accelerators, and global resource pool ready and available
Reduce program risk
Validation of design assumptions by testing with real data and early adoption of agile hybrid migration approach
Reuse migration software and content for future waves, ongoing data quality, and mergers and acquisitions
Realize your data initiatives with our extensive solutions across the migration journey
The client is a leader in digital banking services. HCL is the strategic partner for the bank working in a number of key Open Banking and Digital Banking initiatives, which include Development of 200+ Core Banking APIs, launching a fully digital bank and Mobile banking and wallet app
HCL is the strategic partner for the Core Banking API development. The scope of activities includes Business Analysis, API build, Test Automation & SIT, Release Management activities. API’s allowed Key Banking Service/Assets to external World to access which were limited to Bank Application till now. It includes features like:
- Onboarding of new users to Bank.
- View Parties/User’s Information including demographics.
- Sending email and SMS Notification for credit/debit card transactions including OTP.
- View current and historical exchange rates with enablement of FX Watch - also provides for specific input currency pair
- To settle payments electronically to credit cards, loans and other billing organizations authorized by the bank.
- To transfer money to their own account, third-party accounts or external accounts.
- Payee management functionalities such as adding new payees, retrieving payee details, and retrieving registered payee lists
- 90 seconds for Wallet account opening
- Loan request feature with immediate disbursement facility
- 70% quicker release timelines with devops implementation
- Minimized COVID impact by enabling ease of access with Social banking, contactless banking etc
The client embarked on their Open Banking journey and wanted to achieve PSD2/CMA9 compliance with a path to adopting new Open Banking business models
- The scope of work included Requirement gathering/analysis, Microservices design, development and testing.
- Built system API's to access legacy system & database to expose data in canonical formats. HCL also built connectivity, built integration flows with reusable approach to reuse the logic in & across the integration platform.
- Shift Left Testing’ with a greater focus on automation testing
- Built common error framework, to capture the business/logical errors to handle business requirement across the banking domain
- $1.2 Million Savings with 100% automation in system & performance testing
- 80% Offshoring reduced significant delivery cost
- 95% Automation Testing with ‘Shift Left Testing’ approach
The client’s architecture lacked a standard way of representing the business services and did not allow existing systems to connect efficiently with the outside world. Functionalities tightly coupled with the user interface or portal could not be changed even for minor iterations. This led to:
- Inhibited growth had increased maintenance cost
- Continued software maintenance fees for an insignificant amount of ROI
- Missed revenue due to the lack of innovative products
HCL and the client decided to engage in a journey to develop a standardized REST API which would integrate with the back end and provide next-gen, customer-centric solutions. For the implementation, HCL used Spring Boot, Rancher for Microservices, API Gateway from Axway, BitBucket for version control, and CA LISA (DevTest solutions) for service virtualization. Our team selected the top software solutions from specific segments on the basis of cost, speed, and ease of implementation. HCL’s API gateways have security and throttling models that impose limitations on who pulls the data, when, and how frequently the data gets pulled.
- The APIfied system is more agile with shorter release cycles and faster time to market. The solution empowered the insurer to cope with unforeseen changes and meet sudden demands in the insurance landscape.
- Enabled data standardization that allowed all subsystems across the organization to adopt and achieve a uniform structure.
- Faster time to market
- Cope with unforeseen changes and meet sudden spikes in demand
- Scalability and optimum usage of infrastructure with no impact on business continuity
- Poor customer experience leading to drop out in customer onboarding
- Brand inconsistency due to inorganic growth
- Inability to predict customer churn and customer retention
- Redesigned customer journeys to deliver continuous experience across channels through web, campaigns, CRM, self service options. The solution was created to ensure brand consistency across different subsidiaries through content as a service architecture
- Connected with 3rd party applications designed to enhance user experience
- Re-platformed the new digital engagement ecosystem from legacy to the new modern ecosystem on cloud with a record launch of 6000+ experiences on web & mobile in record 3 months
- Enabled Real Time Delivery of Aggregated Information to Investors
- Optimized Opex - 20+ Digital Properties - One Cloud Based scalable infrastructure
- Reduced dependency on Call Center by 30%
- 7 Mil AUD approved cost saving
- Time to launch reduced to 60%
- #1 mobile app and online bank in Australia
One of the world’s largest Aerospace & Defense enterprises is consolidating the SAP data from an acquired program into a new instance of SAP suite on S/4HANA. With only a short timeframe available to execute the migration, the company chose HCL and Syniti to successfully plan, cleanse, migrate and reconcile all related data.
HCL and Syniti worked together to provide modern data tools, accelerators, and industry best practices. The solution leveraged Syniti’s Advanced Data Migration Platform for SAP and HCL’s depth and breadth of SAP implementation experience to deliver a comprehensive solution to the client’s data migration needs.
- Business data mapping and data design: Working collaboratively with IT and business stakeholders to hold data mapping exercises and define transformation rules.
- Data cleansing: Identification of missing data and data requiring clean-up. Development of an approach and detailed plan for data cleansing.
- Data harmonization and transformation: Develop required business logic and rules to transform legacy data elements into the target system.
- Data construction: Construction of missing data elements required by the target system using web-enabled data construction servers. Validation of data constructed against required fields in the target system.
- Data loading: Loading of data, based on best practice and best method, for the type and amount of data being loaded.
- Data reconciliation: Reconcile data leaving source systems with data loaded into target systems.
By utilizing a repeatable, re-useable, and best practice-driven approach to data migration, the client could lower the risk and focus on business process optimization. By delivering the project on time and on budget, HCL and Syniti have enabled the client to quickly and effectively integrate the acquired program into their production flow and meet the integration timelines defined in the TSA.
The world’s largest Aerospace & Defense organization embarked on a global migration to S/4HANA involving simultaneous projects and millions of master data objects from various ERP systems. The organization partnered with HCL and Syniti to provide data services for the initial projects involving data migration from a legacy ERP system to SAP S/4HANA and several related systems.
HCL’s and Syniti partnered to provide modern data tools, accelerators, and industry best practices. The migration involved:
- Data cleansing: Formulation of a detailed approach and plan for data cleansing along with identification of missing data and data requiring clean-up.
- Data construction: Construction of missing data elements required by target system using web-enabled data construction servers. Validation of data constructed against required fields in the target system.
- Data design and business data mapping: Conducting data mapping exercises and defining transformation rules in collaboration with IT and business stakeholders.
- Data harmonization and transformation: Development of business logic and rules to migrate legacy data elements into the target system.
- Data loading: Loading of data, based on best practice and methodology for the particular data type and amount of data being loaded.
- Data reconciliation: Reconciliation of data leaving source systems and data loaded into target systems.
This proven, best practice driven approach to data migration reduces the risk and enables the client focus on optimizing their business processes. By delivering the project on time and on budget, HCL and Syniti have helped the company to quickly and effectively integrate the acquired program into their production flow and meet program schedule targets.