Application Support and Maintenance
The Situation Today
The urgency in the Media & Entertainment (M&E) industry to go digital has highlighted the inability of traditional IT services to meet modern day maintenance and support challenges such as improving cost effectiveness, creating a business aligned operating model, handling ad-hoc service requests, minimizing downtime and increasing IT agility as well as being responsible for Run the Business (RTB). As a result, M&E organizations are asking themselves the following questions about Application Support and Maintenance (ASM) services:
- How do I get additional cost take out from ASM?
- Is my IT ready for change?
- How can I improve the quality of customer experience with the changing technology?
- Do I really need ASM?
- Is my ASM business-aligned?
HCL with 35+ years of RTB experience, 35000+ professionals across 5 countries, 100,000+ applications under maintenance has unlocked the answers to these questions. In fact, we have delivered 219 million person-hours on ASM, addressing 7 million+ tickers per year.
ALT ASM™: HCL’s Alternative Application Support & Maintenance Solution
HCL’s ALT ASM™ addresses the entire application landscape, infrastructure and service desk in an integrated manner. We have helped many organizations across the globe and industries to look beyond costs and savings, and bring in Business Value, Business Velocity and Business Visibility. HCL’s ALT ASM™ framework:
- Focuses on improving the quality of experience with benchmarked practices
- Increases engagement productivity and scalability through a business aligned target operating model
- Employs proactive methodologies and effective demand optimization for predictive delivery
- Makes the IT environment ready for change
- Delivers committed operational gains with optimal service levels through LEAN and ITIL practices
HCL’s ALT ASM™ Engagements-A Snapshot
- Improved the Productivity Index by 150% for a F500 document management company
- Reduced the number of incidents by 70% for one of the world’s top 10 telecom companies
- Increased agility and reduced the Total Cost of Ownership through transformational changes–platform consolidation, portfolio optimization, business process study and re-design for a market-leading global information services and publishing company
- Provided application development and enhancements, support (L1,L2, L3) and maintenance services for approximately 400 applications for a leading music company
- Delivered total cost savings of 140 million in the first year of a 5 year transformational deal with a large American print and interactive marketing company
- Reduced critical incidents by 82% for a leading logistics company
- Minimized the concept-to-pre-production time by 40% for an apparel giant
- Created a copy configuration tool and reduced effort by 60% for a global pharmaceutical company